Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Day 5
After Neligh I was on a high, despite the little sleep, I was excited for the flat highway and easy (or so I thought) ride. People told me it is mostly flat from here on out (they were wrong). I again didn't know how long I would go, but after 2 miles of a head wind of 16 mph (sometimes more) I decided 18 miles soudned just fine. I stopped in a small town 8 miles in and ate some pizza and heard local town gossip. I also think I saw Kate Bierman's brother in that town at that gas station. The next town had a motel and I thought I might stop there that night so I could watch the season finale of GLEE. I decided, though, if I was going to treat myself to a hotel than I needed to have a harder day and knew I had to make it to O'Neil. Well I made it a hard day by doing that. It was only about 38 miles but it was basically a CONSTANT uphill with a never forgiving headwind. I stopped often and then 17 miles out of O'Neil I saw I had a broken spoke (you probably know this, but the spoke is the thing that holds the heel together, essentially). I duck taped it to another one and decided I had to get to O'Neil and hopefully they had a bike mechanic or someone to help me. I got to O'Neil, and was very tired, and booked a room at a nice, but small, motel. Watched the season finale of Glee, it was pretty good I thought, and got a nice 10 hours of sleep! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment