Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 18

So today I bicycled from Glenrock to Casper WY. It was a pretty easy bike ride and only took 26 miles. Between Glenrock and Casper there are lots of antelope (I saw over 100 just this day!) and also a HUGE wind farm being erected. When I entered Casper I started to just wander downtown. I stopped at this one car restoration shop because it had a Delorian (spelling?) and I wanted to take a picture of it. So I did and of course the mechanic came and talked to me. Then I explained my seat post problem and he told me to come into his office. There he called the local bicycle shop and just basically told them that I am coming to their shop, but he called me a transient! I just kind of chuckled when he said this. I then bicycled downtown (got tons of stares) and found the bicycle shop. The mechanics said they would work on it, but first they were going to put some degreaser on it. So I decided to walk downtown and ended up at a sandwich restaurant. There you made your own sandwich with the ingredients they had laid out—buffet style. It was actually pretty cool because they had things like Pesto Mayo. Afterward, I went back to the shop where they had fixed my bicycle stem. It took to people and a HUGE wrench. They then put lots of lube on it and charged me $15 for the labor. A little high, but I do think they put quite a bit of effort into it. I found a movie theatre and bought a ticket for Toy Story 3 3D and saw that midday (I was happy to go there because while in the movie they had a tornado warning or watch occur. I am not really sure which one). The movie was good and then I went to my campground. The campground man chuckled when I told him my goals and then gave me a “deal” for his campground. It still cost about $11.75 for the tent site, but I was thankful I didn’t have to pay the full $20 for this site. Next to me there was a couple and the man was doing an Iron Man challenge this coming weekend. That means he is doing around 110 miles on a bike, 2 miles swimming and then a FULL marathon all in ONE day! He and his wife or girlfriend were quite nice and their bicycles even nicer. I went to sleep and still didn’t know if I wanted to tackle the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment