Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 14 cont'd

So after I wrote my blogpost I went to Harrison's local bar. When i gotthere there were probably about 20 ppl &when I left (around 11) there were 9ish all men. It seemed like it was going to be a lame night of watchibgthe weather channel, butv then a 25 yr old guy walked in who was cleaerly not a local i started talking to him & he was originally from WY &then went to college in Portland OR. He majored in Marketing and tried tofinda job in Portland but ended up finding one in Fort Collins CO. He was inHarrison bc his great aunt lives there & Harrisonwas having a town wide garage sale. He told me his family had a long history in that town &that he went tl Harrison for many summers. There he would take pictures of the abandonend housesand learn about them from his dad.we started talking aboutthe dif.lifestyles froma city to a little town. hesaid something that was poetic but I cant remember the exact wording. It, though, essentially was living inthe city is nice but the solace that comes from a small town living is a nice cultural too. He told me he used to be more "militant" in his views but has become more moderate now. It wasa great conversation to have bc he seemed like he grew upin a similar situation (small town, big town for college, etc). I wish i would have gotten his name but overall i thoroughly enjoyed talking w/him.

No comments:

Post a Comment