Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Day 12
Today started out w/tons of wind! I atea Daylight donut, which was delicious'and then visited the local bike mechanic. Heand I both tried to get my seat post to move (the height is what is casusing my tendon pain) but to no avail. He confirmed that its probably rusted together and it would have to be cut in 1/2 and then drilled out. He didnt have the right seat post so hedidnt optto dothat. Afterward I wenttothe library to check on my Internet things. I left and started my journey to Ft.m Robinson. I gotto a signthat pointed to Whitney NE & i wanted to senda pic of itto my goodfriend Whitney. I couldn't find my phone & I realized that i left it (or it had fallen out of siomething on the side of the road) @ the library. So i had to bike back (about 13 miles or so) and luckily the librarians had it @ their desk. I then met a gal who in the 70s biked from Chicago to WY & inthe process met her now husband. She said Chadron is a cool town & not quite 'typical' for NE. I ate ata Chinese restaurant and it was about 5 pm. I decided the combination of headwinds and hills meantthe 30 or so miles to Ft Robinson was not doable. I went back tothe campgroundand repitched my tent. Ive since done laundry and showered, but in the process lost one of my bicycling gloves!:( hopefully it shows up somewhere tomorrow morning bc it isa very necessary item. i thought about diff. Ways to get backto Chadron(ie hitchhike, ride without my trailer, etc) But ultimately, I bicycled around 28 miles today and ended up back in Chadron! Oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment