Thursday, May 6, 2010

The semester is over!

Well I just slept 13 hours and you know what that means? It means I am officially done with my first senior year of college (Yep one more year left). It was probably one of my most intense semester in college due to the upper-level Political Science courses I was taking.

I should be in perfect shape for this bicycle trip, right? The answer is no I am not. The last three weeks I have not been able to put any significant amount of miles on my bike (only commuter miles were put on probably averaging 6 miles ad day). The next few weeks, however, I plan on bicycling a significant amount of miles everyday. Obviously, that won't prepare me as much as I need, but then I will train while on my trip. You may think this is crazy, but think of this football analogy (though I despise football). Before you start playing football you lift weights, and run, but nothing quite prepares you for the two-a-days or the actual game. Thus, when you finally start playing the 'game' (or for me my tour) you start to get into more shape.

At least, I have read that is what you can do with bicycling on a longer tour. I am also trying to figure out my situation on coming home because if I do not make it to Portland, which is a possibility, I have to figure out how to make it back to NE by July 30 for a friend of mine's wedding. Plan A for that situation, right now, is to rent a car and drive back. I will investigate this more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment