Monday, May 31, 2010
3 Days and 3 Magazines read.
Well I have 3 days left till departure and I have decided (Thanks to my dad's savy road knowledge) to alter my route. Now instead of stopping at my dad's house, in York, I am going up to Valperso and then taking a short bicycle trail to a different town. This route will save me an extra 10 miles or so. Additionally, I was at Barnes and Noble today and read three different bicycle magazines, which all gave some good advice. I should eat bananas and raisins, said one bicyclists, often. Also, the authors gave some great advice for the gear I need to bring. I decided after much thought that I will not bring my computer or get internet access through some new devices most cellphone carriers have. I thought about bringing my computer so I could update this blog and do some other important items for school, but have decided against it. All of this means, I will not update this blog as much as I had hoped, but I will save 4 pounds from not carrying things such as my computer. I have decided tomorrow morning I am going to try and route my way out of Lincoln (As getting out of the city is often the hardest part for me) and then take my bike in for a final tune up. It looks like I will have good weather for Friday and Saturday which is exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment