Saturday, May 29, 2010

A constant and relevant worry: Water

I have been biking quite often now; however, yesterday was one day that was unlike the past. I bicycled about 14 miles and then ran out of water in my Camelbak (It holds about 2 liters). Luckily, at that point I had bicycled into Eagle, NE and bought some water from Casey's; however, this was not enough. That day I bicycled a total of 35 miles and used the MOPACs water fountains quite extensively and I have a new worry (Though many have warned and asked me about this). This worry is that I need to really plan out my water supply. I have my Camelbak and two 20 oz. water bottles, but I think that will only last me about 20 miles or so, which then means I will have to stop more often than thought. Moral of this story: Jacob will be watching his water supply constantly!

6 Days till departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment